Question
Posted by: Should I give up on her? | 2008/10/06

When is enough actually enough?

My gf and I have been together a year now. The last 6 months have been really taxing as she is suffering from depression. I have tried all that I can do but its not helping and I know she needs professional help. However - she is not going to go. I know she appreciates me but I just feel I deserve to be with someone whi is willing to help herself and embrace life. Am I selfish?

Not selfish at all. Indeed, I think it's more selfish for someone sufering from an obvious and curable disorder which makes life a misery for herself AND her companion, to refuse to take the treatment she needs. I agree with Bob's girlfriend ( luck guy, that Boib !) that you need to sit down calmly with her and explain that you greatly care about her, but cannot continue to remain close to her while she ignores the depression and fails to get proper treatment for it.

1
Posted by: Bob' s girlfriend | 2008/10/06

No you are not selfish and you deserve someone who is good to you and appreciates you and and and

I think you need to sit her down, tell her that you do love her and want to be with her however her depression is getting to you and you WANT her to get help.

Then maybe it' s time to put her to an ultimatum (but be careful and prepared to go through with it should she decline to get help) that she either get' s help in which you will assist all you can or you need to move on.

Reply to Bob&#39 s girlfriend