Question
Posted by: Leah | 2011/10/11

When exactly do I take Androcur?

HI GD

I''m on month two of Androcur 50mg, for cystic acne and hirsutism. The first month I took it from day 5 - 19 of my cycle. Come month two and there was confusion as the Androcur delayed my period by almost two weeks. Not knowing what was going on, I started taking the Androcur anyway, without waiting to bleed. I bled maybe four days later but by then had already taken 5 Androcur tablets. I now don''t know if this was the right decision. For next month what do I do - absolutely wait until I bleed,(even if period is delayed by weeks) or just take the Androcur on what SHOULD be day 5 of my cycle (according to the Minerva pack). Must I be bleeding or not when I take first Androcur tablet - will it be less effective for my acne and hirsutism if I take it outside of my cycle? I just worry that if I always wait for my period before I take it, I will be taking in Androcur at a far slower rate than I shd be. It will work out at every 6/7 weeks instead of monthly.

I would suggest that you check this with the doctor who prescribed the Androcur. i am not sure why the timing of Day 5 - 19.

1