Question
Posted by: Kay | 2011-06-29

When ever we fights he threatens to leave

Am living with a partner and our baby, the problem is when ever we fight he will threaten to leave me in our place and find another place of his own. I''ve gotten to a point where, I just stopped arguing with him. Some week end he''ll just wake up ''n leave to visit his friends &  come back at about 7 pm, talks to his baby &  goes straight to bed. he expects to me not to be angry.

He sounds immature, selfish and insecure. Remind him that he will always be the child's father, and so even if he leaves, the Maintenance COurt will ensure that he pays generous maintenance to help you to care for the child. Does he really asume that in every argument, he is always right ? Maybe some couples counselling ?

8
Posted by: Laurei | 2011-06-29

I am sorry to say, (and I hope I am wrong) but it does sound like he has a fling/affair. What keeps a young man away from his partner and a new baby? He is also emotionally abusing you, by making you feel guilty, tell him to suck it up and get out! Shame on him.

Reply to Laurei
Posted by: anony | 2011-06-29

He''s manipulating you to get his way. Or he''s got a girlfriend so when he wants to visit her he''ll start petty arguments and blame you for it, then threaten to leave, which will then make you feel guilty and end up apologising.

Reply to anony
Posted by: Soul | 2011-06-29

Do you really want to spend your life with a guy who''s immature and can''t handle a relationship, whereby everytime you dissagree have an argument or a fight his going to threaten to leave.
Next time he says that ask him what his waiting for.

His insecure and he must grow up and put on his big boy pants. You already have a baby to look after you don''t need a grown man to mommy.

Reply to Soul
Posted by: Me | 2011-06-29

He is not ready for an adult relationship, pack his bags and change the locks, I did it! I know it will be a hard thing to do, but in time you will look back and laugh about this. He will get the massage and if he wants to come back, it will be on our terms only! Good luck!

Reply to Me
Posted by: Honestly Saying | 2011-06-29

...show him the door. He''s immature and self-centred.

Reply to Honestly Saying
Posted by: Anne | 2011-06-29

I agree with Romany. Dont put up with his nonsense, in fact, next time he goes out all day, put his things outside and change the lock.

Reply to Anne
Posted by: Romany | 2011-06-29

If he threatens to leave, offer to help him pack.

Reply to Romany