Question
Posted by: crimson | 2008/06/19

When does sperm die?

A quick question. How long, after sperm has been exposed to air, does it die.

I have a friend who insists that she is pregnent even though I never ejculated in her. The only option I can think of is that the sperm was obtained afterwards... yeah, I know... pretty sick thing to do.

Dear Crimson
Sperm can survive up to 72 hours in the vagina. Outside the body it may only survive for up to 2 hours before it degenerates.
If she is pregnant, (ask her to provide you with a blood test result - even better go with her to have it done) and you feel that you are maybe not the father, I think you should have a paternity test done as soon as the baby is born.