Question
Posted by: Shoes | 2010/12/07

When does it get better?

I have two busy little boys. If we go out, I cannot sit for 1 minute without one of them pulling something over. I cannot even eat my meal.

At what age do boys calm down? When they go to ''big'' school?

Woman is entirely right. Yes, kids ( not only boys ) have remarkable and enviable amounts of energy, but they need structure, rules and discipline, and then they can use it enjoyably ( for them and for you ) rather than destructively. Many kids do NOT fidget and rush around causing chaos. You don't mention their ages, but keep them busy wiht sports, hobies and other activities, including household and garden chores, and discuss with them ( discuss so they can understand, not as a negotiating process ) a new set of firm and reasonable rules about behaviour at home and especially if you go out. If they can't keep within those guidelines, they don't get to go out.

3
Posted by: Another mom | 2010/12/20

You have my sympathy! I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old and life is VERY busy. I also sometime feel like there is just no ME time and I especially miss the quality time I use to spend with my husband before they came. They are so worth it though!!
My only suggestion is to go to the SPUR and let them play or take a colouring book &  crayons with whenever you go out.
Good luck. We are all in the same boat and we will all get through it!

Reply to Another mom
Posted by: Woman | 2010/12/07

Boys (and girls for that matter) calm down when they are taught manners and it is enforced at all times. Boys generally need a strong hand You are ultimately the one who decides when they start behaving themselves. I''m afraid it sounds like you''re letting them walk all over you. You should not do that, you''re making trouble for yourself. I would say table manners should be mastered by age 4 latest.

As a parent of 3 kids (all in different age groups) I can give the advice to keep them busy with sports everyday when they hit 8. The busier they are, the better they''ll feel (Testostorone is difficult, I think) My oldest boy is 11 and does swimming, hockey, athletics, chess, martial arts, cricket , baseball, soccer. He is also in the A+ group academically and well liked by his friends.

Reply to Woman