Question
Posted by: Mariana | 2012-07-30

When does craving stop.

It is 32 days since m last cigarette.I stopped cold turkey.I still crave for a cigarette at times where I enjoyed it the most.Will it help to use Wellbruton or do ou have any other suggestions?

Expert ImageStop Smoking Advice

Congratulations on your first month smoke-free, and counting! Acute cravings and withdrawal symptoms will lessen over time, but most ex-smokers will still crave the odd cigarette months, and even years for some, down the line. Quitting is a long-term exercise. Wellbutrin/Zyban may be helpful in your case. Also consider nicotine replacement therapy, Champix and cognitive behavioural therapy - discuss with your doctor which would be best suited in your case. It's important to anticipate cravings, and have an alternative activity lined up as a replacement. Try exercise, having a healthy snack, a warm bath, a massage, reading a magazine, calling a friend, getting online and checking in with a forum like this, for example. Best of luck!