Question
Posted by: Q | 2010/06/29

When do you know someone is an alcohol?

Hi, my husband had a few problems whilst drinking, doesn''t matter if it is strong alcohol or just beer, the problem is that he doesn''t care after few drinks, take no responsibility to his family, household, nothing. Though he doesn''t drink everyday, this happens on occassions when we have a gathering with family or friends. He will change into a total different " evil twin"  I''d say. Sometimes becomes aggro and very sad. We had so much fights and recently I''ve opened a divorce case, which is still pending. This all happened in the last month. He didn''t drink for 2 weeks, but I am scared once he start again, everything will come back, his whole mood etc. Is it better for him to stop completely or as he say when we are social just having a few light beers, I have a problem with that, but he sees it in a different light. He denies that he is an alcoholic, just having a problem.

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Q,

You do not have to drink every day to be considered an alcoholic. The way in which you describe your husbands behavior change after a couple of drinks is what makes it seem likely that he does have a problem.

I would suggest that you seek professional help for his problem as your relationship seems to have suffered severely due to it.

Please call Harmony Clinic on 021 790 7779 or e-mail karen@harmonyclinic.co.za for further assistance.

Karen

1
Posted by: Addictions expert forum | 2010/06/30

Hi Q,

Karen

Reply to Addictions expert forum