Posted by: Lila | 2011-02-27

when do i ovulate?

Good day,

I am 34 and want to fall pregnant. I have my period every 26 days. Am I able to conceive and what should I do? I can''t wait any longer

Dear Lila

If you have a regular 26-day cycle then you are normally ovulating on day-12 of that particular period. I cannot answer the question as to whether you are able to conceive or not because there are many variables that maybe present if somebody has difficulty in falling pregnant. If you are under the age of 35 then you should wait at least 1 year of unprotected intercourse and if you still don’t succeed then you can start investigating and once you over 35 you should start investigating after 6 months.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo