Question
Posted by: sad mommy | 2010-09-20

when can mommy depression srtike????

HI

I WOULD JUST LIKE TOO FIND OUT IF MOMMY DEPRESSION CAN COME LATER ON. MY BABY IS ALMOST 5MONTHS OLD NOW. AND I AM NOT FEELING MYSELF. I LOVE HER AND HER FATHER TO BITS BUT DONT SEEM TO HAVE THE ENERGY TO SHOW THEM. I AM TIRED ALL OF THE TIME. JUST WANT TO CRY AND BE BY MYSELF AND THEN WHEN I AM BY MYSELF I FEEL TOO ALONE. WE ARE HAVING MONEY PROBLEMS AT THE MOMENT SO I MIGHT JUST BE UPSET BECAUSE OF THAT???
I REALY FEEL LIKE I COULD SLEEP ALL DAY 24/7. SHE ONLY WAKES UP ONCE AT NIGHT SO ITS NOT THAT SHE KEEPS ME UP ALL NIGHT LONG.

PLEASE IF THIS SOUNDS ANYTHING LIKE MOMMY DEPRESSION LET ME KNOW. FEEL SO LOST AT THE MOMENT. JUST NEED SOME GUIDANCE.

THANK YOU

I guess that by "mommy depression" you mean PND, Post-Natal Depression ? It can come on quite variably, at different times after pregnancy and childbirth. Having a baby and dealing with the chores and disturbed sleep is exhausting in itself, even without an actual epression.
A shrink ( and a really good GP ) can do a proper assessment and iodentify if this diagnosis is present, and discuss your treatment options.
Fortunately, PND responds really well to proper treatment, which may include medication and/or CBT style counselling.

1