Question
Posted by: Sick mommy | 2012-01-26

When can i take medication again

Good day. I would like to find out, i am a mother that is still breastfeeding. Not all day though. My little one (17 months old) will sippi in the mornings and sippi at lunchtime and uses me mainly to drink and fall asleep at night. I am once again sick though with a post nasal, sore throat and heavy head, etc. All common cold/flu symptoms. When can i start taking medication again to clear this up. I am told to use a nasal spray, but with me, if anything it actually tends to make my nose worse! Please help! Thank you!

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Mom

The answer I'm supposed to give you would be to wait until you're not breastfeeding any longer. However, if you think of it, there are some COLD AND FLU meds that are quite safe for 17 months: A good idea would be to have something with a similar formulation to these, but for adults. What your little one would be getting from this (if any) would be way way less than (s)he'd be getting from taking a kiddi-mix.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012-01-27

Hi Mom

Reply to pharmacist