Question
Posted by: Sandy | 2011-10-26

when and how far can we walk?

How far can I start walking with my miniature dachshund? How frequently can I increase the distance and to what maximum? She is now 4 months old and has had all her " shots" .

Thanks for your time.

P.S. I''ve kept on Montego Puppy and she looks a lot fatter than she did a month ago, although I can still feel her ribs but they are not so prominent anymore. I did stop the other things Porridge and Biltong etc. as you advised, thanks again.

Hi Sandy

I would suggest that you initially only walk short distances and preferably on a soft substrate (grass).

Your puppy will get tired quickly and that will be the cue that you have done enough exercise for the day. Stick to the puppy food, but try one of the premium diets and you may see a change in weight gain.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Angus Campbell

1
Posted by: CyberVet | 2011-10-31

Hi Sandy

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet