Posted by: Rosie | 2009-08-08

His doc, as i wrote in the previous post i had my e.t. done yesterday. I was wondering when my period would be due. Would i count 28 days from the start of the last one, or would all the IVF meds have changed this cycle. My last one was on 20 July. Also, when can i do a preggies test? Thank you for all your good advice.

Dear Rosie

Most people if they do not fall pregnant after and IVF cycle will get a period approximately 14 days after embryo transfer. The best time to do a pregnancy test is 12 days after and embryo transfer is done.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Posted by: Jay | 2009-08-11

When I went for IVF treatment - normally if the embryos do not make it then your cycle will start thereafter, but on my last IVF I was given the injections as opposed to the suppositries and my cycle only started on the day of the test. Either which way when the starts it is terribly disappointing before or after the test, At least the injections gives u some hope for 14 days as such Good Luck

Reply to Jay