Question
Posted by: KAT | 2009-12-18

when 2 see a Gynae???

i' m 6 days late took 2 pregnancy tests, and both came out positive, my Q is when should i see a doctor? i' m now 4-5 weeks pregnant.

Before 12 weeks, unless you have medical problems or problems in previous pregnancies.

5
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-12-20

Posted by: S | 2009-12-18

Hi. I would seee the gynae when you are 6 to 61/2 weeks along, as the heartbeat is ususally visible then. In the meantime take Centrum Materna and 5mg folic acid per day. Stay away from caffeine eg coffee, chocolate, raw fish, biltong etc.

Reply to S
Posted by: Tamzyn | 2009-12-18

You should see a gynae before 12 weeks. I went to see my GP just to confirm my pregnancy (he was also able to do all of my ante-natal bloods and urine tests). Its hard to get an appointment with a gynae at this time of year. My GP recomended I think about where I' d like to give birth then visit him in the new year so that he can recommend a gynae.

Reply to Tamzyn
Posted by: Kat | 2009-12-18

thank u..

Reply to Kat
Posted by: Chikita | 2009-12-18

Congrats on ur pregnancy.

See the Dr as soon as you can so that he can check that the foetus is in the right place, and to make sure that all is well.

This is what he will check :

- Blood pressure (to make sure that it is normal)
- Urine Test (To ensure that you do not have any infection -Urinary Tract Infection)
- Weight
-He will also check for any cysts
-Prescribe Folic Acid and vitamins
-Check ur medical history ( previous pregnancies, whether you' ve had a miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy before, any diseases or illnesses,etc)

Also you will get a chance to ask all the questions you have regarding the pregnancy, if ur lucky, you will also hear the heartbeat of your Little one.

And he will give you your Estimated Delivery Date (EDD)

Good luck and Enjoy!

Reply to Chikita