Posted by: Lady | 2009-02-09

Wheat etc

Hi Doc, i know i' m suppost to eat a balanced diet with all the different food groups, but when i eat anything with wheat flour, pastas, breads etc i get so bloated and sore that i end up throwing up and have a runny tummy, what should i do? I started leaving that out daily and added more veggies and salads but it seems like that also bloats me up, and i check my food so nicely but i still get bloated, i don' t know what to eat anymore and i don' t want to be bloated everyday of my life, sorry i sound like a moaner.

Dear Lady
The most important thing for you to do is to have a medical examination by a Gastroenterologist (a physician who specialises in the digestive tract) because it is vital that you obtain a diagnosis. The symptoms you describe can either be caused by wheat intolerance or gluten sensitivity (coeliac disease) or irritable bowel syndrome. Let's first get that diagnosis and then we can see what foods you need to avoid.
Hang in there