Question
Posted by: Diann | 2010/08/16

wheat &  peanuts allergy

I just found out that I''m allergic to wheat &  peanuts. All our food contain wheat or peanuts. could you recommend what I should be eating. I do enjoy my bread and cereals.
I''m constantly bloated and constipated PLEASE HELP

rEGARD
DD

Dear Diann
This is indeed a difficult situation because as you say, so many processed foods contain wheat and/or peanuts or derivatives of these foods. I would urge you to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), to help you with a diet prescription that avoids these allergens, but still provides you with a balanced diet. Contact the Allergy Association by visiting their Website at: www.allallergy.net to find out more about allergies. The Allergy Association Website lists the foods that you need to avoid if you have a specific allergy. For recipes you can try the 'South African Cookbook for Food Allergies & Food Intolerance" by Hilda Lategan. Contact Hilda Lategan, who is also a dietitian, on (012) 546-6410) or send her an e-mail at: mwhildal@mweb.co.za . To read more about food allergies click on 'Diet and Nutrition' at the top of this page and then on 'Allergy & intolerance'.

1

Dear Diann