Question
Posted by: anon 5 | 2010/09/09

whats wrong with me

i was reading an interview article about khanyi dhlomo last night as she is one lady i truly admire and have since i was little girl.She comes across as intelligent, elegant,humble,confident and so very graceful.She seems so perfect.My problem is that i consider myself to have the same qualities except havin confidence and grace.I know this sounds silly as others have serious problems but i could not sleep comparing myself to her.I have anger issues which have cost me my relationship with my fiance...not very graceful and at 27 i have not achieved much except graduate from varsity and i do not have clear sense of direction in my life.However she at 27 had accomplished so much.im angry at myself for not being calm enough as i am a very fiesty and hot tempered and angry for still not knowing what to do with my life.i often think taking my own life but im too God fearing to do it and know i would be hurting my family if i did.how do i balance having a role model but be happy and confident in who i am.

Khanyi seems to do an excellent job at being a first-class Khanyi. Admire her, by all means, but don't complain that you're not her - your task, your challenge in life, is to be an outstanding, a first-rate anon5, not a second-rate Khanye.
To have graduated from university is an uncommon accomplishment, and the question needs to be how best to use the qualification and the skills you learned, to do something special which is uniquely yours. Maybe you should see a counselling psychologist to help you clarify your options and all the good things you can still become.
What I find sad in a show like Idols, is the emphasis, among competitors and judges, on imitating and being "like" already existing successful performers. We don't need a new J-Lo, for instance - there already is one, and she's doing fine. What we need is young singers who have their own, personal style, and can provide something we don't already have.
A counsellor can also help you to work through these anger issues, and become less of an obtacle to your own success.

2
Posted by: anon 5 | 2010/09/09

thank you doc.God bless u

Reply to anon 5