Question
Posted by: LULU | 2009/03/20

WHATS WRONG WITH ME?

HI IM 25 YEARS OLD.IM IN A STEADY RELATIONSHIP WITH A WONDERFUL AND LOVING MAN &  WE ARE EXPECTING OUR FIRST CHILD TOGETHER.[IM 1 MONTH PREGNANT]

FOR YEARS I HAVE BEEN WORRUED ABOUT MY MENTAL STATE OF HEALTH.
I KOW IM ATTRACTIVE WHEN I LOOK AT MYSELF IN THE MIRROR BUT I STILL CANT HELP FEELIMG UNATTRACTIVE WHEN IM WITH OTHER PEOPLE.
I ALWAYS FEEL LIKE PEOPLE ARE STARING AT ME SO I DONT LIKE GOING OUT ALOT. I FIND THAT I FREEZE WHEN IM WITH PEOPLE THAT I DONT KNOW AND DONT KNOW WHAT TO TALK ABOUT.THIS SOMETIMES MAKES ME COME ACROSS AS ALOOF.

WHEN IM WITH PEOPLE OF THE SAME AGE AS ME I FEEL LIKE IM YOUNGER THAN THEM.I KNOW THAT THIS MIGHT SOUND STRANGE BUT I FEEL LIKE OVER THE YEARS IM GETTING YOUNGER INSTEAD OF OLDER.

SOMETIMES I CANT EVEN MAKE THE SIMPLEST DECISIONS.IT REALLY HURTS BECAUSE MY MAN IS MATURE AND RESPONSIBLE,I SOMETIMES TRY AND PUT MYSELF IN HIS SHOES.
HE SAYS HE REALLY LOVES ME AND WANTS TO GET MARRIED AS SOON AS WE HAVE SORTED OUT OUR FINANCES &  THAT HE IS PROUD OF ME AND PROUD TO BE SEEN WITH ME.
I M SO TERRIFIED OF LOOSING HIM BECAUSE I KNOW THAT THERE ARE BETTER GIRLS OUT THERE.

PLEASE HELP ME.I WANT TO BE HAPPY AND NORMAL LIKE EVERYBODY ELSE.

Ouch, all those Capitals !
Sounds like problems with self-esteem, that you're having difficulty in appreciating all the good things about yourself. And perhaps a degree of social anxiety disorder, feeling uneasy in company and when you think people might be looking at you and evaluating you. All of these respond really well to proper treatment, including CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) and perhaps some medication. YOu should arrange to see a good local shrink for a proper assessment, and then a discussion of treatment options. It shoul;dn't take long for you to be as normal as you want to be, and better than that --- comfortable as yourself, and pleased with who you are