Question
Posted by: meme | 2008/08/06

whats wrong with me?

since going into remission from my Cancer i have found that i dont want to be with people. i just want to go home and watch tv. people phone and i ignore their calls, they knock on my door and i just ignore it. I dont want sex, (although i can do it) I am getting intp a rut of going to work and going home. I am not depressed (i have had depression) I am having a ct scan next week to see if its still gone and i have a really bad feeling about it.

These responses are all among our usual repertoire for handling stres. And isolating oneself is a common response though not usually a useful one. And if you are feeling a touch of the Dooms about the upcoming investigation, you may be feeling especially alone. And part of the problem is that isolation breeds isolation, and you feel odder and odder about being in company and with people. I find it adviseable to deliberately seek out opportunities for relatively undemanding company and activities shared with others. I'm hoping that the results next week may be more pleasing than you anticipate, and whatever they are, you will be able to cope with them --- but why not find a CANSA recommended counsellor to give you some realistic support, too ?