Question
Posted by: Andrea | 2010/10/14

What''s wrong?

Dear Doc

I have been to my gynae recently suspecting that I might be pregnant. My last period was on the 27th of August and so I was just 4 days late when I saw him. He picked something up on the sonar that could have been a pregnancy or a cyst. I have PCOS. So we did a bloodtest and it came back negative. My period started weirdly about 3 days later and lasted for almost a week. lighter than usual. I m still suffering from nausea, I can''t stand coffee, get nauseous from cigarette smoke, everything I eat or drink makes me nauseous! Could I still pregnant, or are these symptoms from a " then cyst"  maybe? I also have chronic headaches and lower back pain. No sore boobs though.

Hi Andrea
It is unlikely that you will be pregnant if you had a week long bleed, a negative pregnancy test and no clear embrionic sac on the sonar. You could be nauseous due to other causes like gastritis (inflammation of the stomach lining)It can also cause backache in the middle of the back. Maybe your doctor should have a look at your tummy and see if an antiacid may be needed?
dr Bets

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/14

Hi Andrea
dr Bets