Question
Posted by: BEW | 2009-10-09

Whats worse

Started new meds as discussed earlier on the forum. Feel a lot calmer, in that my mind is not jumping as fast as it has been.

Would like to know something from the doc.

What is worse though. Worrying about being mentally unstable for the rest of my life, or just not caring at all? They say theses things are not " curable"  but treatable....will the end result then not be the same...if you are sick you are sick.

Pleased to har the new meds seem to be helping. Cure is actually remarkably rare in medicine as a whole. But one can often manage an illness very valuably, even if it isn't cured. Nobody is "cured" of diabetes, or high blood pressure, for instance, but treatment can be life-saving and life-enhancing. So, "if you are sick you are sick" --- depends on what you mean by "sick" --- if you are diabetic you remain diabetic, but with treatment you can live a happy and productive life, rather than dying young and unpleasantly--- treatment seems an easy and sensible choice to make

1
Posted by: almost mad | 2009-10-09

Glad you have had progress with meds. I have often felt the way you feeling. I have excepted that I will never be ' cured'  but I decided I will at least try to live an okay life by taking my meds everyday. there are days when i feel so miserable I just give up and refuse to take my meds. but my Fiance has been supportive and always encourages me to keep it up. Always have that one person who keeps you motivated to continue. It helps 80% of the time. For the other 20% you can call on us and we can help here.

Reply to almost mad