Question
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/08/20

Whats the meds for?

I had tummy pain and the dr. gave me topzole and I had 1 tablet of 40g so I' m not going to drink it anymore as I' m not sure what it is or whats it for and I' m concern as to gain weight due to drinking it at least I lost weight with the tummy ache it wasn' t that bad. Maybe a good muscle relaxant would be better as I said no funny meds I don' t want or need or going to drink as ...

Hi Zexeon !
Doctors should always take care to explain to you what any new med is, what it does, and so on. I haven't used Topzole, but looking it up, I see it is an effective medicine used for tummy problems such as acid reflux ( when some of the stomah aid, for various reasons, leaks back into the food-pipe, causing discomfort ) and it reduces the strength and amount of the normal stomach acid. It shouldnt cause you to gain weight. Maybe the weight loss you noticed before was just because you felt so much stomch discomfort you didn't want to eat much, but that isn't healthy in the long run. Better clear up the stomach pains, and rather concentrate on healthy eating and a good basic diet of good food.
I don't think the Topsole is a "funny med" ( I appreiate your caution, though ) and it would probably be more useful than "muscle relaxants" which are generally much less effective. Try taking it for a few weeks, use the relaxation technique ( I'm a great believer in that !) and just mind your normal diet snsibly.

2
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/08/21

I know what it is and whats it for so I might drink it as I still lost 100g (thats not much but better than nothing). You must have a awesome day. :-)

Reply to Zexeon
Posted by: Zexeon | 2009/08/20

Never mind I' m rather going to apply the relaxation tecnique my psychologist taught me for my tummy ache.

Reply to Zexeon