Posted by: Confused | 2009-01-13

Whats the diff

Whats the difference between Xenical &  Reductil.

I weight 89kg &  am 1.72m tall. I need to loose about 18kg weight to bring my BMI to normal.

I am dieting &  I do exercise but its taking 4ever for things to move along.

Please help.

Dear Confused
Your present BMI = 30,1 which is in the obese range so it would be excellent if you could lose those 18 kg to reduce your BMI down to a normal 24. Xenical and Reductil are both slimming medications that need to be prescribed by a medical dr. These 2 medications have totally different modes of action. Xenical prevents the uptake of fat from foods so that it reduces the amount of energy you ingest. It is used together with a very-low-fat diet and exercise to promote weightloss. Reductil is a so-called serotonin and noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor which causes appetite suppression and increases the resting metabolic rate (both processes that induce weightloss). Discuss the use of these 2 medications with your dr who will help you decide which product is most suited to your needs.
Keep up the good work!