Posted by: Lesego | 2012-01-17

What''s on my throat?I mostly have to clear my throat before talking,its irritating

I always clear my throat every now and then. I have to clear my throat before I say anything. Anyway it can be stopped? Any medication that I can use?Im currently taking ACC™  200 effervescent tablets but im now getting annoyed.Any suggestions?

You will have to consult an ENT specialist for an examination of the your vocal cords. It might be that there is polyp that is irritating your vocal cords or that you have sinusitis with a post nasal drip.

Posted by: Gail | 2012-01-24

Dr Aurich is probably the best answer, however my Mom is 90 and has had to do this all her life and recently they have put her on salt tablets and something else (can''t remember) and suddenly the problem seems to be gone. She was a heavy smoker many years ago but gave it up and I always thought it was a left over from that but apparently not. Good luck and go with the Doc''s advice

Reply to Gail
Posted by: Lesego | 2012-01-18

Reply to Lesego
Posted by: Anne | 2012-01-17

Sounds like you have a postnasal drip. Usually the cause could be from allergies eating too much wheat and dairy products or could be environmental. With all the weeds growing tall like shrubs and trees and the pollens etc a lot of people are suffering.

You can go to your GP and let him/her check you out. Nasonex is quite good to stop infections, sudafed (non drowsy) to take during the day and deselex may help.

Gargle with salt water often.

I have also been suffering and it got so bad that for three weeks I was coughing/like I had bronchitis. I was unable to cough up the phelgm and ACC200 didn''t help.

There is also a Hayfever Support called Linctogen effervescent you can try them.

Have a good multivitamin and up your Vit C intake.

If all else fails go and see an ENT

Reply to Anne