whats happening to me?

ive just had my first baby and looked fabulous during pregnancy. now, not so much. my face is pale, dark circles, hair coming out a little, overweight from pregnancy, feeling down generally. taking all this into consideration, i feel like i' ve aged really fast in the last few months since baby was born. what can i do to get back to my old self again.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Anonymous, thank you for the question and congratulations with the delivery of your first child; I wish you, your husband and the baby all of the best.

My advice is to see your Obstetrician or family practitioner so that you can be examined fully and that blood tests are taken to exclude any hormonal changes that may have taken place after the pregnancy. My first concern would be a lack of thyroid production (hypothgyroidism), but other hormones such as low estrogen may be the cause. Following this one may need to consider post partum depression and if so ‘nip it in the bud’ before symptoms get out of hand. Once all of the above has been excluded I would then look at ones nutrition and sleep patterns as a possible cause. The changes you have noticed may however be a completely normal reaction and with time will stabilize and you should reach your previous fabulous self! If all of the above is normal you are welcome to submit another question and we can take it from there.