Posted by: Peas | 2011-11-07

What''s happening out there?

Hi CS,

Did you have a relaxing weekend?

I have made an observation and would like your opinion. It seems to me that many people have become unenthusiastic in life. I have a small business and the agencies that I represent seem to be struggling to send out orders, pay me, send me invoices, reply to emails, etc. If I go to the supermarket, the teller and the packer seem so disinterested in their jobs. I had a teller throw my change on the table, she could not even put it in my hand. If I go to the local municipality, people are eating KFC in the reception area and are not at their desks. I phoned them to cut the grass at the park next to my house a month ago, it is has not been done.

People just seem to be surviving, do you think it is the recession or the political situation or the weather?!?

Far from relaxing. Major computer problems to wrestle with, eleborate work-round plans for a long power-cut the council said we'd have on Sunday, only to find they didn't get round to cutting the power. ( They're reliably unreliable ). As for your query, Municipalities are a lost cause --- negligent and uncaring, jobs for pals, and no penalties for ignoring your job. But more broadly, life get more stressful and people seem to withdraw from each other, and do the minimum to get by. Survival mode.