Question
Posted by: Maria | 2010-04-13

Whats happening?

Hello Doc. I have a question. Im on Melodene and have been on it for about a year now. I used to be on Nordette. Anyways - I usually take the pills on more or less the same time every day. But for the life of me, I didnt remember to take them this weekend. I missed Friday and Saturday - and only realised on Sunday evening. I took the two missed pills immediately - and a third one at 9pm (the time I take them every day). Just so you know which pills I missed, Friday (the first pill I missed) was day 7 after the sugar (inactive) pills. Anyways - I started spotting on Sunday night and now I have a very light period with very heavy cramping. Should I be worried? Is this normal? I had sex both Saturday and Sunday. (I dont know why I forgot!)
Thank you.

The spotting is a normal result of missing the pills. You should not take 3 pills in the same day. You should now use extra precautions for two weeks.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-16

Posted by: Doc | 2010-04-13

You acted correctly in taking the missed pills. It is highly unlikely that you would have fallen pregnant. Continue with your new packet as normal. If the pain persists, and is accompanied by a vaginal discharge, then see your doctor.

Reply to Doc