Posted by: Completely changed person! | 2009-02-17

Whats happened to me!?

Hi There,

I woke up this morning &  realized that I don' t even know who I am anymore.

I appear to have it all, the great man by my side, lucrative job, good friends but it has become part of me lately to want to throw that all I just don' t care anymore.

I have lost interest in my job, I' m about to leave the man of my dreams over silly things, even though I know that I will never get better than him &  my bubbly, outgoing, ambitious personality has gone out the window.

I don' t know what happened to me? No drastic event or occurance happened to change my stance it was just like a switch. I almost feel like im in a haze...

Please assist. I just want to feel like myself again &  I just can' t understand why I feel this way...

Have you, perhaps, become Depressed ? Sometimes it shows itself not with dramatic sadness, but with this typical loss of pleasure in whatever usually pleases you ( it's called Anhedonia ) The best step forward would be to see a good local shrink or at least a really good GP, for a thorough assessment, and a discussion of treatment options. CBT counselling, if available where you are, is excellent for examining the automatically negative thinking habits we sometimes adopt, and for revising these to more fruitful ways of approaching the world

Posted by: Curious | 2009-02-18

Wow, that does seem odd. Normally there is SOMETHING that triggers off these negative thoughts. Something in your past perhaps that was traumatic that you have tucked away in your memory banks without facing it and dealing with it at the time ? In the meantime, take some time to refect on all the positive things in your life for which you can be grateful and then imagine what it would be like to be without them. This may then bring some focus and reality back into your life. If you discover some unpleasant incident that has remained hidden, deal with it and put it behind you.

Reply to Curious