Question
Posted by: Christy | 2011/09/26

Whats going wrong??

Hi, I''ve successfully lost about 25kgs but regained 5 (during winter) even though it looks and feels like alot more. I cant seem to lose these stubborn kilos. I consume huge amount of low fat yoghurt - about a litre day and also have 2min noodles for supper with veggies. How fattening are these? Do they seriously hamper my weight loss attempts? this is really freaking me out. last year this I wore a bikini!! I also gym an hour everyday. I cant think of anything else that could possibly be hampering my weight loss

Dear Christy
I deduce that you posted the same message yesterday and here is my answer: Low-fat yoghurt is a healthy food rich in protein and calcium, and low in fat, so you can eat up to a litre of low-fat yoghurt per day. One litre of low-fat yogurt contains approx. 2650 kJ per day or 42% of your daily energy requirement if you are an adult women trying to lose weight. So if you are having the litre of low-fat yoghurt together with other foods that already provide your 6300 kJ per day, then your weightloss efforts will be hampered and you may even gain weight. Check the energy content on the packet of 2 minute noodles that you use and multiply by the number of packets you eat in a day, to see how many kJ you may be adding to your diet. If you just eat the one litre of low-fat yoghurt and 1 or 2 packets of the 2 minute noodles, then you won't be exceeding you energy requirement, but although yoghurt is an excellent food, your diet won't be balanced. So do try to eat a variety of healthy, low-fat foods to lose weight." Please click on 'Diet'nFood' at the top of this page and then on 'Weight loss' and read the various articles that explain why people sometimes don't lose weight.

1

Dear Christy