Question
Posted by: CP MOM | 2008/08/12

Whats going on with me?

Yesterday on my way home I started feeling dizzy and nauseas, I felt like when I get a migraine. I could hardly walk when I got out the car at the crè che, had to go to the loo for a while. When I got home I was shaking I was so cold, my tummy ached, my head felt like a migraine, I felt like I was going to vomit, but never did. The cold was the worst. I got into a bath with JUST hot water, had pins and needles in my feet. Then I saw I had a big blue vein from my knee to my ankle and it was a bit sore.

I shivered all the time, was dizzy couldn’ t do much. Was in bed from 5pm to 1.30pm shaking, electric blanket on 3, plus fan heater. I was soooooo cold. When I got up I though I would die I felt so bad. The headache like a migraine is still here, so is the tummy ache, in the pit of my tummy. My mouth is full of saliva all the time, like when you want to vomit.

I want to cry I feel so bad. Sometimes I feel like a hot flush come over me but it’ s not for long. I cant eat anything as it tastes like cardboard.

The vein in my leg worries me for a week or 2 now I’ ve had this feeling in my calf like im going to get a cramp –  but I never did.

What’ s going on with me? I had no lame arm or palpitations in my heart… 

Dear CP Mom
You may have an underlying kidney infection/malaria/gastrointestinal virus - please go to your doctor for an examination, urine test and blood test. Let him have a look at your leg, could just be a varicose vein but one would want to exclude something like a deep vein thrombosis in the leg too.