Question
Posted by: Matt | 2009/02/19

What' s happening?

I am a 24 year old male. Relatively fit and active, but have recently started developing intense chest pains, chronic nausea, frequent vomiting and I am always tired. My dad passed away from cancer in the liver and pancreas could this be a possibility for me? Please help me as I' m getting very worried.

Dear Matt
You could have signs of a hiatus hernia or a peptic ulcer. It is unlikely that you would get pancreas cancer at 24 years of age. Ask your doctor to have a look and see if you need a gastroscopy examination and also ask him to do an ECG to ensure that it is not a heart condition.