Question
Posted by: Annon | 2012/10/22

What wrong with this picture?

I am a 24 year old female who grew up in a broken home. My father cheated and had other kids with other women while married to my mother. My father never made an effort to hide his indiscretions, our neighbours, family and my friends new. I grow up resentful and bitter. A week ago I attended a friend’ s baby shower and to my shock and suprice she proudly announced that her baby’ s father was a married man, who was going to divorce his fat, ugly, nagging, bitching wife who lacked any sense of style. I was flabbergasted by the reaction of the other ladies, who seem to agree and found nothing wrong with the situation. I remembered the embarrassment and humiliation that my sisters and I suffered as kids watching my mother being disrespected and humiliated by my father and the women he was cheating with. Has the world gone insane or am I leaving in a different planet, Am I the only person that sees something wrong with this picture?

You are describing a father who was selfish and immature and highly irresponsible towards all his children. It says nothing nice about your "friend" that she is so happy fo have a baby with a married man, and abuse his wife. Many good people would see something seriously wrong with this picture. Far too often these days, people seem to feel free to be highly promiscuous, to cheat those to whom they owe fidelity, to create babies without thinking at all seriously about the child's needs and future, and to really think of nothing other than their own pleasure.
You don't need the smug woman as a friend, do you ?

3
Posted by: Maria | 2012/10/22

I agree with you 100%. I wonder why the woman who had the baby shower thinks the father will stay with her, after all she already knows that he doesn''t hesitate to cheat on his wife. It''s a sad, sad world in which children are born under these circumstances.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Annon | 2012/10/22

I forgot to mention that one day my sisters and I were coming back to school in a taxi, and one of my father''s girlfriend delibarelty descriped my mother as being a fat, ugly, nagging etc, becasue she wanted to hurt, humiliate and rub it in on our faces, which is nothing my mother was.

Reply to Annon