Question
Posted by: H_T | 2008/07/14

What wrong with the gay community ???

What’s wrong with the gay community? We either promiscuous and sleep around or we move in together within a month of meeting each other, 2 months later you’re engaged.

How do you wanna be recognized in life, if you can't take things serious? Sorry if I’m generalizing. I’m sure I not the only one being gay who feels this way.Any gays still left in this world who don’t just act on impulse?

I don’t wanna offend anyone I just think it's something the think about.

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

:)

11
Posted by: LONEWOLF | 2008/07/15

I knew my bf for about 15 years and we met on and off - it was only for sex. Then we lost contact, he moved away and subsequently returned. We ran into each other, I invited him for coffee, and he never left. Next week it is a year. There are ups and downs, but we grow through it all and as far as both of us are concerned, it is for life. We do not plan to get married as we see no purpose in it, other than maybe financial and other practical issues. I must admit, I am the one who looks around, and I am sure that if oportunity knocks, I might be unfaithful - I know myself well enough for that, but at least we try. Sometimes, it is hard to stay faithful, but in the end it is well worth it.

Reply to LONEWOLF
Posted by: Apache_boy | 2008/07/14

Just my 2c worth on the promiscuity and moving in part...

I think there is promiscuity everywhere, whether its gay or straight, and i think there is more successful long term relationships than matrass hopping, it is just easier to see the matrass hopping people...

To everyone whose relationship lasts more than a few dates... congrats, it does seem asif most relationships fail purely because of people's eagerness for acceptance and therefor they seem more promiscius or rather that they do matrass hopping... so

My wish to all, i hope you find the love of your life, the happiness you deserve...

Mwah
AB

Reply to Apache_boy
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/14

Hello Deeve! What a beautiful comparison! How true...

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Deeve | 2008/07/14

Also in my 8th year...!
H_T, on your posting....many seem to own a closet full of wedding dresses! Somehow, some never seem to see that the shoe doesn't fit...and wander through all the painful steps before gracefully bowing out...! :-)

Reply to Deeve
Posted by: H_T | 2008/07/14

Yes I am in a relationship of 7 months :-) and still going strong. I was wondering what your view on this would be. I do believe in happy long-term relationships. My uncle’s also been in a relationship for over 17 years now. It seems to be the norm that younger people are more impulsive then older people.

I just asked this Question because of 2 good friends of mine who are… well one is engaged to his Bf after only 2 months and my other friends Gf was unfaithful on her. Both being in their mid 20’s I think being older make you wiser

Reply to H_T
Posted by: Ollie | 2008/07/14

As a lesbian... my wife & I moved in together on the first date (I KNOW... we were working onboard a cruise ship together), and we've been together 5 years now. Happily married, trying to start a family

Reply to Ollie
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/14

Amen to that! And then get a child, it's GRRREATS!

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: Shmegal | 2008/07/14

Hey H_T

My partner & I have been together for 9 years. I have a gay cousin who has been in his gay relationship for close to 20 years.

As Jonathan says, it's not necessarily the gay community but just certain relationsips irrelevant of sexuality.

If you haven't already, I hope you find someone to spend your life with. It's a wonderful feeling!!!!

Reply to Shmegal
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/14

Thankies! Yes, "hy's 'n lekka pêl, en 'n lekka lê!" - as my brother would say! Hehe!

Are you in a relationship?

;)

Reply to Jonathan
Posted by: H_T | 2008/07/14

Wow!!!! 10 years... That's grand Jonathan :-)

Reply to H_T
Posted by: Jonathan | 2008/07/14

Hi H_T! It's prevalent in the "straight" community as well, not just us.

My partner and I have been together for 10 years. We only moved in after two.

Neither of us had ever acted on "impulse" before we met...

;)

Reply to Jonathan