Question
Posted by: Dodo | 2010-01-21

What wrong with me?

Hi Cyberdoc

I am working as PA in of the big auditing firms, I enjoy the job so much but I am not free,and I tend to do lots of mistake. My problem is I am afraid of my boss so much that my mind can function around him. I have tried to tell myself that I am only doing this job after I am going home where I can feel free. The thing he laugh with everyone not me only occasionally and I odnt expect him to be my friend. I have a university degree and I know that this obwill open door for if I do it perfect and efficiently,but I find myself messing thins over and over again.

Its been a year and and in all of our performance appraisal session,he mentioned his unhappiness,as in he not happy with my work. And he said the will help me through and through to be on top of my game.The only course I was taken to was that of MS applications and that was it. I always feel inadequate and commpares myself to uor receptionist cos she is being trusted with all the work she' s been given,where I can to help and evryone will give her work. I am becoming fustrated everyday.

Last year I enrolled with some institutions and somehow my confidence returned again. This was to move away from the repetitive stuff I do and will find a challenging job after completing the qualification. I feel like find another job but I really didnt want to move as this company is perfect for my studies.

I just needed to vent and talk my mind out..my apologies for a long senseless post.

Sometimes we get so tense about trying to be PERFECT, that we perform badly ; whereas trying to be good enough, and as good as is practical in the circumstances, may actually produce better work.
You're a really capable and able person or you could not have received a university degree. Maybe the work is sufficiently below your level as to be uninteresting, and being bored is difficult to work with.
Is there an HR person or dept you can discuss this situation with ? Maybe calmly and politely ask your boss what he suggests, in the way of further training for you, as you are concerned that he is not fully happy with your work

2
Posted by: Dodo | 2010-01-21

Thanks CS,maybe yes I am trying to be perfect and hence memory loss at some point.

Reply to Dodo