Question
Posted by: Please Help | 2008/10/01

What would you do!

hi

my boyfriend always tell me when he has a family funeral and family functiona like wedding to attend but i never offer to come with to the because he never ask me to come with, i know it might be unapropriate to ask someone to accomapny you to things like funerals but i also feel like i might intrude his space by always being there.

i usually wait for him to ask to come with to but he never ask. i really need to give him the support he need all the time but i don' t know how, we have only been together for six months , he talks marriage and our future together often and i already have met his family and feel since we are planning our lives together i should also support him more all the time but i don' nt want to do too much of that.

we really love each other so much.

if you were in my shoes what will you do to offer support in cases of funerals or family functions. you are the only people i can talk to so please just say anything to help me decide.

Discuss these very reasonable concerns with him, and work ouit, together, a more effective policy about these events and issues.

1
Posted by: Tanya | 2008/10/01

Hi there i think that if any function arises again don' t wait for him to ask you to accompany him, just tell him that you want to go with him, coz maybe he feels the same way that you do and thinks that if he asks you too much to go with him to functions that you might have reservation about it. I hope this helps! Good luck.

Reply to Tanya