Posted by: anon21 | 2012-01-18

what would be the next best step?

I can’ t remember when my period was in December and certain months my period would be 4 weeks apart and some months 5 weeks apart. I had unprotected sex on the 31 December and when i went to the bathroom there was brown discharge on the 2 January which just happened once. On the 14 January had unprotected sex but that was more than once on the day.
Right now I am not sure when my next period is going to start, either today or next week and Wednesday (period usually starts on a Wednesday and lasts till Friday. What would be the best step to take next? Should I wait till next week before taking a test?

You have an abnormal menstrual period, which lessons your chances of falling pregnant. I suggest that you consult a gynaecologist for an examination and treatment.If you are only concerned about being pregnant, I suggest that you wait until after the date of the expected period. If you miss the period, you should do a pregnancy test.