Question
Posted by: VeganVie | 2010/05/04

What type of dog to get with staffy?

Dear CyberVet,

My landlord has two male jack russels and a female staffy. I''m ready to adopt a dog but, because s/he will socialise with my landlord''s dogs when I''m not at home during the day, I want to make sure s/he will be safe with them.

I have been considering a male staffy, an Alsatian or even a little Chihuahua. Are any of these safe options or would it be best not to bring another fur ball into the vacinity?

Dear Vegan Vie

I would go with another staffie

2
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/05/07

Dear Vegan Vie

I would go with another staffie

Reply to Cybervet
Posted by: Kate | 2010/05/04

How well socialised are the Landlord''s dogs?
All 3 are terriers and can be difficult with other dogs.
It is a difficult decision not knowing the personality of the dogs.
A 3rd male could be problamatic but if the female is very dominant she could fight with a new female too.
I have 2 Jack Russells and a golden retriever and they balance each other out nicely.
I would also recommend that you also excercise all the dogs daily if you decide to get another dog.

Reply to Kate