Posted by: Anonymous FF | 2009-05-07

what to eat

Hi i just want to know, i stop smoking, 5days ago . Sometimes i do get cravings, but if i do get those, i just keep myself busy. So now i what to find out what can i eat and what not ? I don' t want to gain weight, and don" t want to over do it on sweats, rather, health food.

Coffee i don' t drink, as for cole drink with gas in it, i don' t like, so i don' t drink it!! I do love water, and sometimes drink about a 2lt. Milk i cant drink, or any other milk product cause i" am allergic to it. I only eat whole wheat bread, about 1 slice a day, and say about every other 3day or so, i eat oats.

So what els can i eat, to stay health, and to not get cravings??

Thank you very much

Dear FF
Congratulations on stopping smoking - this will really make a great difference to your health. If you reduce your energy intake and do plenty of exercise, then any cravings and initial weight gain will stop and after a short while you will get back to your normal weight. I wrote an article on this important subject recently, so click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'DietDoc's articles' and do a Search for 'Stopping smoking' to read all the tips for overcoming this temporary problem. Eat healthy food low-fat food, but do consider adding some exercise to assist with weight loss and prevent any additional weight gain.
Hang in there