Question
Posted by: anon | 2011/03/23

What to do when ex is not working?

My ex has stopped working since December. I havent received a cent of support from him since. He is ofcourse claiming that he is trying to find work which i know he is not. He is a director in a company, i also heard he is trying to start something up on the side as well. I had went to court and filed for non payment but nothing has happened. I have been collecting proof that he is still living a life of luxury, plus the proof where it states he is a director, with this information what can i do? He has recently relocated to another province. I still went to the police station and they also have done nothing? Who do i go to with the information i have?? This is for child maintenance. Thank you.

Expert ImageFamily law expert

You will have to go to the maintenance court in the area where your child reside and demand that an investigation be held into his affairs.

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
A:1st Floor, 56 Shortmarket Street, Cape Town
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
F: 086 572 8373
E: bertus@divorceattorney.co.za; W: www.divorceattorney.co.za; Twitter: www.twitter.com/edivorce; Facebook: www.facebook.com/divorceattorneys

2
Posted by: ME | 2011/03/29

Take his parents to court. If he cannot support you then they will have to. Look up this judgement - it happened in Simonstown, WCape

Reply to ME
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/03/23

Bertus Preller
B.Proc; AD Dip L Law
Family Law Attorney
Abrahams and Gross Inc.
O: +27 (0) 21 422 1323
F: 086 572 8373

Reply to family law expert