Question
Posted by: Cheryl | 2010-09-07

What to do to lose weight

I am 24 years old, female and I am 5kg over the weight I would like to be. I go to the gym atleast 4 times a week doing weights and cardio but instead of losing weight I have gained! What should I do to lose the weight quickly?

Dear Cherly
Working out with weights tends to build muscle tissue which ironically weighs more than fat tissue. So although you may have gained mass, you have probably lose fat. Check your body measurements to keep track of this kind of change. To speed up weightloss, do more cardio exercises than weight exercises. You can combine the exercise with an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'Diet' at the top of this page, 'Weight loss', ‘Balanced diet’ and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet).

1
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-09-07

Dear Cherly