Question
Posted by: Mav | 2009-07-07

What to do for a friend?

My friend is now a day very sad I may think deppressed. He think he can' t talk to anyone because no one understand him (that can be true no one realy understand). He is at university and still live with his parent but he can' t talk to him.

I don' t know what to do for him. I want him to can be able to talk and stop being sad. Get him help or something.

If you're a philosopher, you might argue that nobody can totally understand someone else ; heck, nobody can entirely understand themselves. But it's a fact that a properly trained shrink and therapist / counsellor can understand us ENOUGH to be very useful. That's a very important fact.
Too often, we use philosphical, theoretical arguments like your friend, to avoid facing the fact that we need and deserve help, and should seek it, accept it, and benefit from it. Suport and advise your friend, and encourage him to get the help he deserves --- any competent university should have a student health and student counselling service where he could probably get the assessmen and help he needs free of charge. If he feels unable to talk with his parents, well, maybe they could and would be more helpful than he thinks, but he can get adequate help from properly trained health professionals.