Posted by: Maritza | 2013-01-20

What to do?

I am in a relationship for 2 years now. My partner and I was actually staying together for this time until I changed jobs and I have to stay away from home now. For the first 2 weeks it went well. We phoned and skyped every day. The last day or two when i am phoning him, he is not answering my calls and then tell me that he did not feel like talking to me. What do I make out of this? He also not responding to my messages as he do not feel like doing it. What now?

There is not automatic or one-sixe-fits-all meaning to this. Anon makes some good points.
Relationships are difficult to maintain, and long-distance relationships especially so. ANd most of us get occupied with the daily chores and work, and don;'t feel the need, so much, for frequent contacts and chats - oddly, its easy to expect a level and quantity of chat with an absent partner that may be much greater than what you'd normally enjoy when living together, and discover then that there's not actually much happenning each day and thus not much to chat about.
Don't get too desperate. If he's cooling off, for any reason, pressuring him more won't reduce this, but only accelerate it.

Posted by: Anon | 2013-01-20

How far away are you and how frequently will you guys be able to see each other? Have you guys discussed what the future holds for the two of you? If you can''t see each other every over weekends or every other week for example, how long are you going to be away for, will it be a permanent move or will he eventually join up with you?

Long distance relationships can be hard to maintain and not everyone is cut out to commit to not being able to see their partner for extended periods of time. Maybe he phoned and skyped so frequently in the beginning because he missed you so much but he has gotten used to not having you around by now.

I would leave it up to him to contact you for a while.