Posted by: Sue | 2012/04/24

what to do?

Hi Doc,

I have a 12 year old daughter who is continually in trouble at school - for shouting out, laughing, chattering, etc etc. I''ve recently had her assesed for ADHD with an Educational and Clinical Psychologist. She does not have ADHD.
The problem is, no matter how I plea, threaten or puncish, she just does not improve her behaviour in the classroom.
Is there a medication that can help her calm down besides ADHD meds. I find these are prescribed willy nilly at the drop of a hat, even if the child does not have ADHD.

Please help!!

Not what you were looking for? Try searching again, or ask your own question
Our expert says:
Expert ImageCyberDoc


Unfortunately not but you are welcome to consult a psychiatrist.


Dr Anrich

The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical exmanication, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.

Our users say:
Posted by: Psychologist | 2012/04/26

Hi there,

I recommend you get in touch with a psychologist who could do an emotional/behavioural assessment with your daughter and who could also perhaps assist you with sessions to figure out how you can cope with her too.

Kind regards

Reply to Psychologist

Have your say

Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.
Thanks for commenting! Your comment will appear on the site shortly.