Question
Posted by: Steve | 2012-01-30

What to do

Hi there,
I''m married for 6 years now and only 30 years old,my wife is 29 years old.We have 2 sons,5 and 3 yeas old and we live in a wendy house at my parents house.When we met I was having a few drinks and now it is becoming a problem for my wife.I never drink during the week and only do so on weekends.I dont have friends that I go party with or sleep out.
We both are working and it''s sometimes difficult to spend quality time together as we almost have no privacy.We are financially unable to afford to buy a house at this stage.
When''s she off weekends it is expected of me to spend the whole day with her even though she knows I want to spend some time with my brother and have a few beers and watch sports.My problem is that we see eachothere everyday,but I have no time to spend on my own.Is this wrong of me?

Its not wrong of you, but understandably could bother your wife. Discuss it together and see if you can find a compromise. Marriage counseling is an option

3
Posted by: Bee Sting | 2012-01-30

Hi there, I would say that she is being a bit unreasonable.

Reply to Bee Sting
Posted by: Steve | 2012-01-30

The thing is as I said,I don''t go as I don''t worry bout having friends.I sit and have a beer at home and if she works I look after the kids.She work shifts so I look after the kids most of the time.

Reply to Steve
Posted by: Nini | 2012-01-30

Okay I just want to ask something, you say that you have 2 kids, so when you go out and have beers with your friends / brother, then does she stay at home with the kids? Is that perhaps not why she''s upset?

Reply to Nini