Question

What to do

Hi, I am a 32 year old male. I have been in a marriage for 11 years. I love my wife to bits. I have in the past been immature about certain things and handle certain situations wrong. A have changed my ways in many regards and have apologized many times about the past. Every time something happens she goes back to the past and grinds my face in it. That makes me feel that what was the use of changing.
I shall 95 percent of the time still go to her and apologize again. I only after that will get a one sentence apology and then she would stop talking to me. When we fight in the house she doesn''t stop talking and gets very personal. When we need to show affection she doesn''t really do anything. When it comes to sex I have to to all the initiation mostly.

I have lost myself and is again is back to being immature in a fairly old relationship. Help please!

Why not get seriously involved in marriage counselling together. Present the idea to her as a Christmas Present and a highly positive thing, making it clear it's not about blaming each other or "fixing" her or even you, but sorting out whatever aspects of the relationship are causing problems and unhappiness for either or both of you ?

3
Posted by: Candy | 2011-12-08

Seems like you are making too many mistakes. Obviously it depends what you did wrong in the past. Certain things take very long to get over and trust is earned the hard way.

Reply to Candy
Posted by: Romany | 2011-12-07

Cybershrink''s advice is 100% spot on here.
You need a complete stranger/outsider involved to sort out this problem. Family is not going to do it and the 2 of you are not going to sort this out on your own.

Reply to Romany