Question
Posted by: Curious | 2010-10-29

What to do?

I have tried all differnet diets and exercise routine (walking and firming up) at home but nothing seems to work. I want to loose or firm up my upper legs and lose weight around my hips or bums as they put it.....do you have any advise or routines I can try????

There are no short cuts, unfortunately, and I don't know what you tried in the past, so it's hard to point you in the right direction (I might end up pointing you in the same direction...)

However, there are no secrets. Diet means watching calories in, restricting junk foods, eating sensible portion sizes, and substituting "good" for "bad" food choices.

Exercise means months of hard work, and that is what most people are tripped up by - it doesn't happen fast, especially with a problem like yours where you're focused on one area. that's very common, but it's very difficult to beat, and you need to really work with discipline AND patience for quite a while.

You're looking at 4 to 6 days a week of mostly cardio work (but weight work 2 days a week), lasting 45 to 60 minutes. The most important thing is to develop fitness - if you're getting fitter, you'll see the rest of the change happen as a consequence of this, so that should really be the focus. So my advice is to find a "performance" goal, maybe running 10km, or cycling 50km, something like that, and then work at it from that direction, because focus on specific areas is super difficult to achieve.

2
Posted by: Curios | 2010-10-29

I have a bowl of All bran Flakes in the morning(09h00) with low fat milk, then lunch time i will have a tuna sald/ chicken salad (12h30) and i will snack sometimes with the jungle oats bars. I get at home round anbout 17h00, then i go for a walk (im not good with km so i am unsure of the distance) and when i return back home i do weights and stretches, for supper(19h00) i will have chicken and a salad or veg, and obviously drank alot of water, but my metabolism is also very very slow and i always had that problem........ then if im still very hungry at night i will have a snack bar or a fruit but I don''t eat later than 21h00....what am I doing wrong?????

Reply to Curios
Posted by: PVS | 2010-10-29

Squats,Lunges and more squats. Please state your diet and exercise routine so I can examine it and advise.

Reply to PVS