Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2010/03/29

What to do?

I''m currently fed up with my weight. I would like to loose 30kg in 6 months time and either I should stop my meds aventually (suppose to be 600mg Seroquel xr which I reduced to 400mg and maybe another 200mg and then 0 as I''m Schizophrenic) I''ve gained 10kg in 1 months time since I''ve been on this meds. Or maybe I should just continue on 400mg and only eat when I''m really have to.

Please believe me, the problems likely to occur if you stop effective antipsychoic medication will be far, far worse for your health and happiness than some weight gain. Discuss this concern with your prescribing shrink, and discuss a healthy diet and modest exercise plan.

1