Posted by: Miss Chatterbox | 2009-07-08

What to do!

OMG!My tel.bill for the last couple of months has sky rocket!
There' s no way I can hide this or even say it was work related.
I am totally guilty and I feel so embarrassed.
Shucks this is going to get to my boss soon and I' m not sure how I am going to explain this.

I cant say it was emergencies of course not.
I said that last year when I had the same thing.
Manager had come across my call records and wanted an explanation.Well it wasn' t this bad then, this time its really bad.
Gosh I cant even explain how I feel right now.
I had no idea it was that high as I wasn' t keeping track of them for the past few months.

Well it seems really bad now but I do not want to worry about it, do I just wait for it to come out and then deal with the consequences?

You can wait until it comes out, and then try to explain it then, or take the initiative and approach your boss, showing more responsibility about this, admit that you have, for reasons you don't entirely understand, been making too many calls, and chatting for too long. Offer to share the expenses, and work with him and/or HR, to devise a sysem to help you learn to cope with this. Maybe they can block all out-going calls on your office phone, letting you make only business related or genuine emergency calls with a password which somebody else will control. Maybe even some CBT to curb this bad behaviour would help, as may varying your job so as to keep you more busy with productive work, leavin less time for idle chatter