Question
Posted by: Lover | 2008-11-25

What to do??!?!

Hey

I' ve met this extremely nice guy which I like very much and I know he is SOOOOO amazing and I so want to be with him... but I' m afraid that I have aids.... =(. Must I tell him to go for a test with me? I' m so scared! I don' t know If i even have aids!

Expert ImageGay, lesbian and bisexual expert

Hi Lover, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting here.

Your post raises three issues. Firstly I think it is imperative that everyone should know their HIV status. It has nothing to do with meeting someone fabulous - this is about you. So go and have a test (which is not for AIDS - if you need to know the difference between HIV and AIDS please post again). It is something you should be doing for yourself, not for anyone else.

Secondly, irrespective of whether you are HIV positive, HIV negative or unsure of your status you should treat everyone you have sex with as if THEY are HIV positive, by practicing safer sex. Make it your business to be informed of safer sex so that you can make responsible decisions. Again, if you need to know more about safer sex please post again.

Thirdly, I do encourage couples to go for HIV testing together but this is usually done when they make some form of commitment to a relationship. How else will you know that HE is HIV negative? Most guys claim to be HIV negative simply because they haven't tested positive - but perhaps they've never tested, or they tested a few years ago.

2
Posted by: Capeman | 2008-11-25

Go and have a HIV test. Most probably you aren' t HIV+ and just neurotic. Go for the test and make sure, then you know where you stand. You need to know in order to start making decisions about your health if you are indeed HIV+. And it is not the end of the world if you are HIV+, you can get good treatment nowadays.

Reply to Capeman
Posted by: pumkin | 2008-11-25

to not know whether you have aids or HIV in this day and age is frightening!!
makes me wonder if you know yourself-
take a better interest in yourself first friend please
life is fragile - reat it with care
all the best

Reply to pumkin