Question
Posted by: ab | 2008/10/15

What to do

I am alone in this city, I have no family as they are all in another city. My daughter has her family, her father and I were never married and no longer together. The problem is that my boss has requested that I spend time at his office to sort out logistical problems and this may take about 3 weeks. Normally the transport picks my daughter up at 07h15, but due to the change i have to leave home at 06h30. The only alternative is to leave my daughter with her fathers parents. I took her there this morning and I felt so uncomfortable I went outside and waited for the lift club in the rain. They are not making it a secret that they dont want me there, i have not been disrespectful to them considering their son broke up with me. Even my ex' s sister are looking at me funny. I am a single parent and have to do my job but I dont have any other alternative transport wise as I dont have a car. What do I do because I really cant handle the tension?.

Your boss is asking you to do him a favourm abd should make an adjustment to meet your very reasonable needs --- maybe a later pickup for you all, or a separate arrangement for you ( can't he pick you up himself, perhaps ? ) At least discuss it with him --- he probably doesn't realize how specially difficult this situation is for you.

1
Posted by: smile | 2008/10/15

tell your boss exactly how you feel and make alternative arrangement for your child.

Reply to smile