Question
Posted by: AMA | 2011/04/04

WHAT TO AVOID EATING @ 7 WEEKS PREGNANT

Greetings Ladies and Gynae Doc

i''m 7 weks pregnant ..any advice on what i should avoid drinking or eating or doing at this stage? i have a problem of nausea every day though my Gyanae said i should eat toast in the mornings but it doesn''t seem to help so far ..besides the toast what else can i have in the mornings?

Try ginger biscuits or ginger beer.Avoid raw foods and unpasteurised cheeses.

4

Posted by: AMA | 2011/04/04

Thanks Ladies for your advices,
I''ll buy what you advised me to get. i am not vormitting yet

Reply to AMA
Posted by: boni | 2011/04/04

HI, purity has ginger tea and ginger lolies for pregnant moms, i got it at pnp hyper and some clicks have it. it helps sucking on those lollies. if your vommiting is severe you can ask your doc to prescribe something. i was on vomafene.
Goodluck

Reply to boni
Posted by: PUrple | 2011/04/04

You should avoid eating anything raw and also blue veined cheeses or any unpasteurised cheeses.

To try to help with the nausea, keep your tummy full all the time, so keep a container next to your bed with provitas and marie biscuits to eat before you even open your eyes. Nibble on bananas and ginger biscuits through the day. Also slowly sip water all the time to keep yourself hydrated which also helps. I also found that sucking sweets like sparkles helped a bit. Anything ginger flavoured also helps - so ginger beer or buy some ginger at the supermarket, grate it, pour boiling water on it and make yourself ginger tea. some people feel that low vitamin B levels add to nausea and vomiting, so if your gynae is OK with it, take something like essentiale (the hangover stuff) which is basically just vitamin B.
If you are vomiting more than 5 times a day, you must inform your gynae and they will put you on something to stop the vomiting (it doesn''t help with nausea though) so that you don''t dehydrate and put baby in danger.

Reply to PUrple